GREAT PAY, FULFILLING CAREER, & GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES GALORE.
JOIN OUR TEAM AS A PROJECT MANAGER
Are you a compassionate, detail-oriented individual who has an eye for organization and a desire to be a part of a family-focused team? Great—we’ve been looking for you!
WayForth is a relocation company that specializes in downsizing and move management services for seniors. We assist our clients through the sometimes-difficult process of transitioning from their homes into smaller spaces, like independent living communities, condos, apartments, or assisted living facilities.
We are a full solution company that performs most aspects of the move process, including: designing floor plans, sorting, packing, moving, unpacking, and resettling our clients into their new homes.
Our team is composed of individuals who are driven, empathetic, and skilled in direct but compassionate communication. We take care of our clients and each other, and we value a great attitude above all else.
THE POSITION: PROJECT MANAGER
Initiates and maintains communication and relationship with communities and vendors to facilitate project activities. Plans, directs, and budgets all activities concerned with the client project. Manages and coordinates projects and oversees organization, scheduling, and implementation from beginning to end.
• Supervises Team Members on assigned projects.
• Establishes relationship with clients before, during and after project completion. Communicates with client upon project assignment to understand client needs. Assists client in making decisions that meets their objectives and communicate the project plan and timeline to them.
• Understands project objectives. Establishes a customized plan that will meet the needs of our client by using the Project Checklist as a guide. Provides leadership for the client and to the team members. Is accountable for client timeline, requests and delivering on the core values of WayForth.
• Meets financial and scheduling objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing and managing estimates verses actual budget, analyzing any variance and initiating corrective action if needed.
• Initiates and maintains communication and relationship with communities and vendors to facilitate project activities in alignment with account strategy.
• Understands and implements strategic plans outlined and directed by the community Account Management. Works with Client Experience Managers, vendors and communities to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with the project.
• Prepares for projects by reviewing client file and Teamwork notes. Addresses any issues or special needs in advance. Manages client requests with community sales team, community resources and outside vendors. Offers client customer support to represent their needs in the community and marketplace.
• Interprets and explains project plans in advance to Project Team Members. Assigns individual responsibilities to each Team Member according to their knowledge and experience.
• Ensures that adequate supplies and materials are available to the Project Team to complete the project. This includes safety materials such as: masks, gloves, etc.
• Provides supervision and guidance to all assigned staff. Trains new and existing Team Members and provides feedback /coaching to ensure Team Members provide the best possible service to clients.
• Addresses unexpected issues as they occur. Maintains confidence and composure to assure the client that we will reach a solution. Implements solutions that are appropriate to the client’s needs and ensure that issue is resolved.
• Utilizes required Project Checklists, Tracking Sheets and other tools to ensure that all project activities are completed successfully. Completes administrative requirements in timely manner.
• Updates job knowledge and understanding by participating in educational opportunities. Attends Project Manager Meetings to receive up to date training and information to communicate effectively to Team Member staff.
• Manages all potential assignments associated with full service move management including floor planning, downsizing, clear-outs, organization, etc. Accepts ownership and is willing to accomplish new and different requests in order to explore and deliver value added services and opportunities.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Associates degree preferred.
• 2-5 years of experience in automated office environment required.
• Experience in coordinating projects.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent phone etiquette.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
• The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail.
• Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
• Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Availability to work 4+ days per week (Mon – Fri) between 8:00am – 5:30pm.