WE'RE LOOKING FOR A OPERATIONS MANAGER
WayForth is a relocation company that specializes in downsizing and move management services for seniors. We assist our clients through the sometimes-difficult process of transitioning from their homes into smaller spaces, like independent living communities, condos, apartments, or assisted living facilities.
We are a full solution company that performs most aspects of the move process, including: designing floor plans, sorting, packing, moving, unpacking, and resettling our clients into their new homes.
Our team is composed of individuals who are driven, empathetic, and skilled in direct but compassionate communication. We take care of our clients and each other, and we value a great attitude above all else.
THE POSITION: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Oversees the professional development of Project Managers and Team Members. Acts as a liaison between Sales and Project Management. Initiates and maintains communication and relationship with communities and vendors to facilitate project activities. Plans, directs and budgets all activities concerned with the client project. Manages and coordinates projects and oversees organization, scheduling and implementation from beginning to end.
• Manages the development of project managers, including conducting quarterly individual meetings
to oversee progress against annual goals, and initiating discussions of any performance issues.
• Participates in development of an annual Project Management training calendar and planning
biweekly project management meetings.
• Works with Human Resources to conduct and enhance project management-specific onboarding.
• Works with Sales Team to develop project plans for complex projects. Oversees the management of
complex projects, working with the assigned PM to ensure successful project completion and acting
as a liaison to the Sales organization.
• Develops new business processes as necessary based on the requirements of new business
• Manages vendor relationships, researching and identifying new vendors and conducting account
reviews with existing vendors as appropriate, AND/OR manage client concerns, including damages.
• Establishes relationship with clients before, during and after project completion. Communicates
with client upon project assignment to understand client needs. Assists client in making decisions
that meets their objectives and communicate the project plan and timeline to them.
• Understands project objectives. Establishes a customized plan that will meet the needs of our client
by using the Project Checklist as a guide. Provides leadership for the client and to the team
members. Is accountable for client timeline, requests and delivering on the core values of
• Meets financial and scheduling objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing and managing
estimates verses actual budget, analyzing any variance and initiating corrective action if needed.
• Initiates and maintains communication and relationship with communities and vendors to facilitate
project activities in alignment with account strategy.
• Understands and implements strategic plans outlined and directed by the community Account
Management. Works with Client Experience Managers, vendors and communities to plan, organize
and direct activities concerned with the project.
• Prepares for projects by reviewing client file and Teamwork notes. Addresses any issues or special
needs in advance. Manages client requests with community sales team, community resources and
outside vendors. Offers client customer support to represent their needs in the community and
• Provides supervision and guidance to all assigned staff. Trains new and existing Team Members and
provides feedback /coaching to ensure Team Members provide the best possible service to clients.
• Addresses unexpected issues as they occur. Maintains confidence and composure to assure the
client that we will reach a solution. Implements solutions that are appropriate to the client’s needs
and ensure that issue is resolved.
• Utilizes required Project Checklists, Tracking Sheets and other tools to ensure that all project
activities are completed successfully. Completes administrative requirements in timely manner.
• Updates job knowledge and understanding by participating in educational opportunities. Attends
Operations Manager Meetings to receive up to date training and information to communicate
effectively to Team Member staff.
• Manages all potential assignments associated with full service move management including floor
planning, downsizing, clear-outs, organization, etc. Accepts ownership and is willing to accomplish
new and different requests in order to explore and deliver value added services and opportunities.
Education• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Associates degree preferred.
• 2-5 years of experience in automated office environment required.
• Experience in coordinating projects.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Project & Personnel Management
• Space Assessment skills
• Time management
• Problem Solving skills