WE'RE LOOKING FOR A DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION & STORAGE
WayForth is a relocation company that specializes in downsizing and move management services for seniors. We assist our clients through the sometimes-difficult process of transitioning from their homes into smaller spaces, like independent living communities, condos, apartments, or assisted living facilities.
We are a full solution company that performs most aspects of the move process, including: designing floor plans, sorting, packing, moving, unpacking, and resettling our clients into their new homes.
Our team is composed of individuals who are driven, empathetic, and skilled in direct but compassionate communication. We take care of our clients and each other, and we value a great attitude above all else.
THE POSITION: DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION & STORAGE
The Director of Transportation and Storage strategizes, manages, and continually refines the transportation operations of the company. They are responsible for supervising teams to implement all relocations, deliveries, and storage services correctly, with maximum efficiency. The Director of Transportation and Storage should ensure that all vehicle and storage procedures and policies are upheld for the safety of the employees and clients, introducing and implementing change as needed as the company grows. This position reports to the COO and should be able to discuss strategic direction and analyze financial reports, profitability, and other company data, spotting trends and opportunities as they arise. The Director of Transportation and Storage can be located in any one of our markets.
- Oversees the day-to-day transportation operations of the company in all markets.
- Directs major projects, like interstate or multi-market moves, job sharing, and large-scale moves
- Supervises multiple employees, delegates tasks accordingly, monitors performance, and conducts regular follow-ups with business objectives.
- Constantly researches and tests software tools, management methodologies, and workflow processes, looking to solve for inefficiencies and improve processes
- Oversees the entire budgeting process for transportation and storage, from proposal to expense control.
- Maintains awareness of all financial transactions, ensuring that projects are in line with their allotted budgets and establishing rates with carriers and providers.
- Establishes compliance of all programs with state and federal regulations, including those imposed by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Addresses safety concerns and customer complaints promptly.
- Works closely with Human Resources to recruit employees within the department, such as drivers, dispatchers, and customer service representatives.
- Provides training for development and conducts refreshers, reminding employees to renew certifications as necessary and stay updated with the industry.
- Mentors Relocation Managers as they launch WayForth’s Green to Great training program in local markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or a closely related field required or equivalent combination of education and related experience. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years-experience in the transportation/transportation logistics field in progressive leadership positions including oversight and management of a P&L.
- At least 5 years of progressive management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to improve organizational effectiveness and results by providing strategic positioning and direction by building a culture of accountability and sustainable improvement.
- Demonstrated track record as a visionary thinker with the ability to effectively manage people, programs, and initiatives.
- Director of Transportation and Storage must be proficient with the following tools to accomplish their daily goals: Transportation management systems, workflow management systems (such as Vonigo and T-sheets), spreadsheet tools (such as Excel or SQL).