Join our Team as a Team Member: Mover/Driver
Are you a compassionate, driven individual who has a desire to be a part of a family-focused team? Great—we’ve been looking for you!
WayForth is a relocation company that specializes in downsizing and move management services for seniors. We assist our clients through the sometimes-difficult process of transitioning from their homes into smaller spaces, like independent living communities, condos, apartments, or assisted living facilities.
We are a full solution company that performs most aspects of the move process, including: designing floor plans, sorting, packing, moving, unpacking, and resettling our clients into their new homes.
Our team is composed of individuals who are driven, empathetic, and skilled in direct but compassionate communication. We take care of our clients and each other, and we value a great attitude above all else.
The Position: Mover/Driver
Drive up to 26′ moving truck. Lead, mentor, and train moving team. Load/unload, pack, and stage residential goods. The successful candidate will be able to provide exceptional customer service to our client base and ensure professionalism. We will provide training for individuals without moving experience who can demonstrate motivation and willingness to learn.
- Packing client belongings neatly and to insurance standards.
- Prep items for transport (furniture, art, appliances, etc.).
- Load items into moving truck to be transported from origination point.
- Transport items safely in moving trucks (16′, 18′, 22′, 26′) from origination point to destination point.
- Unload items from moving truck into destination point.
- Household inventory creation.
- Cleaning and maintenance tasks at the loading site.
- Responding to client questions and concerns.
- Physical strength and agility: Lifting, loading, and unloading heavy boxes and items like furniture and appliances (up to 75 lbs.) is required daily.
- Teamwork: Direct communication skills, collaborative spirit, and team loyalty are essential for success in the field.
- Organization: Experience packing a moving truck is beneficial but is not required.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with our clients in fluent English, are required.
- Customer service: Our clients are sometimes under immense pressure, so the ability to remain patient and gracious in any circumstance is a valued skill.
- At least 1 year of residential or commercial moving experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license
Equal Opportunity Employer
WayForth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing ALL employees with a safe, inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at WayForth are based on business needs, our core values, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, age, color, gender, religion or belief, who you love, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. WayForth will not tolerate racism, discrimination or harassment of any kind, period.